A Kissable Mouth
Posted on Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 at 9:14 am.
It doesn’t matter if you’re 1 or 101, no one wants to kiss or be kissed by anyone with bad oral hygiene. In fact, you should always keep your mouth healthy and attractive. Here are a few tips:
- Brush at least twice a day with toothpaste containing fluoride, floss at least once daily, and rinse with an ADA approved fluoridated mouth rinse.
- Reduce the amount of sugary and acidic food and drinks you consume. Examples are candy, sodas, junk foods and sports drinks. Instead, eat a well balanced diet consisting of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, and fiber.
- To freshen your breath, be sure to select gum or mint products that are sugar free and with xylitol. Studies have proven that xylitol actually reduces your odds of getting cavities (tooth decay).
- Drink plenty of water, preferably fluoridated. Keeping your mouth moist and assuring salivary function is important in preventing dry mouth. Dry mouth is one of the key causes of bad breath and increases your chance of tooth decay.
- Examine your mouth daily. Although you see your Dentist at least twice a year for exams and cleanings, there are 363 other days in the year. It’s important to note any abnormal changes and follow up with a professional as early as possible.
- See your Dentist regularly, at least twice a year for check ups and cleanings. These check ups should include a detailed assessment of your teeth and gums as well as an oral cancer screening.
- Complete any dental treatment as early as possible, to avoid the progression of dental disease which can lead to infection or more serious health issues. This will not only eliminate decay but beautify your smile.
- Whitening will help brighten your smile. Talk to your dentist about what is best for your situation.
- Maintain a balanced stress free environment. Enjoy life, family and work. Find the good in things and know that life is good. Love more, laugh more and smile more.
At any age, we are here to help keep your mouth clean and healthy. Have a Happy Valentine’s.
You can find us at 25385 Wayne Mills Pl. Valencia 91355 or call us at 661-505-2926. www.maycontedds.com. New patients Welcome! We’d love to have you!